I’ve had a bit of a disaster this week: I just discovered that a big online reputation company flagged me as a potential spammer, which has led to lots of automated emails from @planetjune.com addresses being blocked by many email providers before they had a chance to reach your mailbox.
Unsubscribe vs Mark as Spam
I’m very careful with the email addresses entrusted to me and I’d never send unsolicited email or share your email address with anyone else.
The most likely reason I got into this situation is that people who no longer wanted my email newsletter marked it as Spam instead of unsubscribing. I get it – we’re all drowning in email these days! But if you’ve had enough emails from a business you subscribe to, please use the Unsubscribe link in the email. Don’t mark anything as Spam unless it’s email you never requested.
Are You Missing Email?
Now I know about this, I’ve contacted the company and they’ve fixed my reputation, so PlanetJune emails won’t be blocked any more. The remaining problem is that this has been in play since early December, so there are several types of email that may not have got through to you between then and now. These could be important emails, for example if:
- You ordered with PayPal Express Checkout and haven’t received your account password
- You asked my shop for a new password and it never arrived
- You signed up for my mailing list but haven’t received the confirmation email
- You pledged towards a commission but haven’t received the confirmation email
What to do…
If any of the above scenarios apply, here’s how to resolve your problem:
- If you need a password for your PlanetJune account, click here, enter your email address, and my shop will send you a new temporary password. Check your Spam if you don’t see the password within a minute or two. And, once you’ve logged in, go to ‘My Account’ and change your password to something you’ll remember.
- If you signed up for my mailing list but didn’t receive a confirmation email, please click here and sign up again. The confirmation should arrive almost immediately – check your Spam if you don’t see it within a minute or two.
- If you made a pledge towards a design commission but a) haven’t received the confirmation email or b) the pledge doesn’t show on your list of pledges, please make a new pledge here. Your confirmation email should arrive almost immediately – check your Spam if you don’t see it within a minute or two.
If you still don’t receive the email you expect, or have any other problems with your interactions with PlanetJune, please feel free to email me directly at any time. If there’s a problem, I want to fix it, and I can’t do that if I don’t know about it!
Thanks for your understanding, and please know that I’m always ready and willing to help if you have any PlanetJune-related problems, now or in the future.