Two original crochet amigurumi patterns: Ocellaris Clownfish and Yellow Tang, from the Tropical Fish range by June Gilbank. These mini amigurumi will hold your interest through their variety of shaping and crochet techniques that make each fish unique!
- Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris). Instantly recognisable as Nemo from the Disney films, Ocellaris Clownfish form a symbiotic relationship with a sea anemone: the fish cleans and defends the anemone, while the anemone gives the fish a safe place to hide from predators.
- Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens). A very popular aquarium fish, the Yellow Tang is found throughout the Indo-Pacific region, but especially in reefs around the Hawaiian Islands.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn (the pictured samples use Red Heart Soft and Bernat Satin yarns)
Hook: US E / 3.5mm
Size: approx 4.5-5.5" (11.5-14cm) long
- All techniques used include tips, step-by-step photos, and/or links to my online tutorials.
- All the fins (the pieces that aren't worked in the traditional amigurumi single-crochet-in-the-round technique) include charted stitch diagrams in addition to full written instructions, so you can follow the patterns in the way you find easiest.
- Each of the 4 pattern sets includes 3 pages of helpful instructions and finishing tips (including a basic illustrated guide to fish anatomy so you'll learn the right names for the fins!)
Note: Take advantage of the savings when you buy this pattern as part of the Tropical Fish Collection multipack, including all 8 tropical fish patterns!
See projects made from this pattern here: