Giant Pine Cone is an original EXPANSION PACK for the Pine Cone Collection crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
What is an Expansion Pack?
- An Expansion Pack is an add-on to an existing PlanetJune pattern.
- The Expansion Pack lets you modify or add to the original pattern to create something else.
- You cannot use the Expansion Pack alone - you must also purchase the original pattern in order to be able to complete the pictured items in the Expansion Pack pattern.
This Expansion Pack includes all the modifications required to crochet a realistic giant-sized pine cone.
Size: approx 8" (20cm) tall
Yarn: All instructions are applicable for any bulky weight yarn, or 2 strands of worsted weight yarn held together, in one or more shades of brown, or any colour(s) of your choice! A giant cone takes a lot of yarn:
- Worsted weight (held doubled): about 280m/305 yards
- Bulky yarn (single strand): about 140m/155 yards
Hook: J US/6mm crochet hook
Option: The pattern also includes an option to make a 5" tall mini Giant Pine Cone made with 1 strand of worsted weight yarn and a smaller hook!
Please note: to be able to make the pictured items in this Expansion Pack, you must also own the Pine Cone Collection pattern.
Tip: To save money, if you haven't already purchased the Pine Cone Collection, don't purchase this item - instead buy the Pine Cone Collection & Giant Pine Cone multipack!
See projects made from this pattern here: