Gaming Dice is an original EXPANSION PACK for the Polyhedral Balls crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
What is an Expansion Pack?
- An Expansion Pack is an add-on to an existing PlanetJune pattern.
- The Expansion Pack lets you modify or add to the original pattern to create something else.
- You cannot use the Expansion Pack alone - you must also purchase the original pattern in order to be able to complete the pictured items in the Expansion Pack pattern.
This Gaming Dice Expansion Pack includes:
- The crochet pattern and assembly diagrams for the pentagonal trapezohedron (aka d10 shape!)
- Full numbering diagrams to accompany the assembly diagrams (for the d10 and all 5 of the original Polyhedral Balls set), in right- and left-handed versions
- Tips and suggestions for numbering the dice with fabric paint or embroidery
- Templates for the felt numerals I used for my sample dice
(Please note: cutting out felt numbers, as I did, is fiddly and time-consuming, so I’m not recommending that you do that! I give tips in the pattern for much simpler numbering techniques using fabric paint or embroidery.)
Size: All dice are approx 3.5-4" (9-10cm) in diameter
Yarn: worsted weight yarn
A harder, more robust yarn (e.g. normal non-soft acrylics, or cotton) creates stiffer, more rigid balls, that don't bulge out too much when stuffed. For my samples, I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and Vanna's Choice Baby yarns.
Hook: E US/3.5mm crochet hook (use the smallest hook you can comfortably manage with the yarn you choose - you may need a smaller hook with a softer/lighter weight yarn)
Please note: to be able to make the pictured items in this Expansion Pack, you must also own the Polyhedral Balls pattern.
Tip: To save money, if you haven't already purchased Polyhedral Balls, don't purchase this item - instead go to the Polyhedral Balls pattern and select the Gaming Dice Expansion Pack as an optional extra when you purchase!
See projects made from this pattern here: