Ribbed Ripple / Turtle Beach is an original crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
The gentle waves of this ripple are highlighted by the ribs at the edge of each stripe. The Ribbed Ripple stitch pattern works up into a beautiful blanket with a wave stripe repeat in any 2 (or more) colours, or make the Turtle Beach version with sand and sea colours, either as an afghan square, a playmat for aquatic toys, or a full blanket. Use the optional edging instructions to square off the rippled top and bottom edges, so you can e.g. use this as a square in a larger blanket, or turn it into the front of a cushion cover.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn
• approx 75m/80yds total for a 10"square
• approx 1300m/1400yds for a 3ft x 4ft blanket
Hook: H US/5mm crochet hook
Size: any size blanket/square of your choice, but the pattern includes specifics to make a 10"/25.5cm square and a 3ft x 4ft (36x48”, 91x122cm) blanket.
Please note: to complete a Turtle Beach blanket, you'll also need some turtles (patterns sold separately). See the 'Turtle Beach Collection' box below for details.
And if you'd prefer a pattern with no calculations required, please see the Turtle Beach Blanket (Classic Blue Version and/or Teal Ombre Version) patterns - also sold separately - which include complete patterns for 8 different blanket sizes together with yardage requirements for each colour.
This Ribbed Ripple / Turtle Beach pattern is Donationware - the Ribbed Ripple pattern and the Turtle Beach square and basic instructions are available to view online for free (links here: Ribbed Ripple; Turtle Beach), but if you like them please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation, and to receive the exclusive bonus content:
- Full patterns to make 3ft x 4ft Turtle Beach blankets with either 4 or 5 shades of yarn (yellow, white, and 2 or 3 blues)
- Optional edging instructions to square off the rippled top and bottom edges, so you can use this as a beach-themed square in a larger blanket, or turn it into the front of a cushion cover, for example – and there are lots more applications.
- Any-size modification instructions, so you can make any size afghan square, a baby blanket, or even a huge blanket to fit a king-sized bed!
- NEW: A two-page appendix of extra bonus content: popular modification ideas (including the puffy 3-dimensional seafoam addition to the blanket shown in the last photo in the image gallery, my favourite way to attach stuffed turtles, and more) and troubleshooting tips for the blanket and turtles.
Send me a donation and receive the easy-to-print value-packed PDF version of the pattern as a thank you!
Donations of any size are much appreciated, but please donate as much as you feel the pattern is worth. Just add the amount you wish to donate below, and, once you have checked out and paid, your pattern will be available to download from your PlanetJune account.
Thank you for your generosity - it is much appreciated!
The Turtle Beach Collection
This pattern is part of my Turtle Beach Collection - you can mix and match patterns within the collection to make your own custom blanket.
- Mix and match colour schemes and stripe patterns with the Classic Blue and Teal Ombré blankets.
- Add custom details (an edging and puffy 3D seafoam effect) with the donationware blanket pattern.
- Add any combination of the original 3D stuffed baby sea turtles, the new flat appliqué turtles, and puffy or flat starfish.
Tip: For the best price, buy the multipacks of both blanket patterns and both sea turtle options!
See the entire Turtle Beach crochet pattern collection here >>