Baby Sea Turtle Appliqué is an original crochet pattern by June Gilbank, for a realistic flat baby sea turtle embellishment. You can stitch it to anything, and, as an example, it makes a perfect addition to a beach or ocean-themed blanket, like my Turtle Beach blanket!
This pattern is much faster to crochet than an amigurumi turtle and, with only two pieces, needs almost no sewing or finishing. You can stitch it securely to a blanket (or anything else), and the optional embroidered eyes make it child-friendly and easy to launder.
Details: This pattern includes full written instructions for the turtle, plus round-by-round charted stitch diagrams for the rounds that form the head and flippers, in both right- and left-handed versions.
It also includes:
- Simple assembly instructions for attaching the shell (it comes together so nicely, you may actually enjoy this step for once!)
- A complete step-by-step tutorial for embroidering the eyes securely with no visible knots or tails.
- Tips for stitching the turtles neatly to a crocheted blanket.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn in your choice of colours (e.g. dark grey or green, and cream)
Hook: E US / 3.5mm
Size: approx 4.5-5" (11.5-13cm) long
Note: My amigurumi and appliqué Baby Sea Turtle patterns closely match in size, shape and appearance, so you can mix and match them in a project. Take advantage of the savings when you buy this pattern as part of the Baby Sea Turtle multipack!
See projects made from this pattern here:
The Turtle Beach Collection
This pattern is part of my Turtle Beach Collection - you can mix and match patterns within the collection to make your own custom blanket.
- Mix and match colour schemes and stripe patterns with the Classic Blue and Teal Ombré blankets.
- Add custom details (an edging and puffy 3D seafoam effect) with the donationware blanket pattern.
- Add any combination of the original 3D stuffed baby sea turtles, the new flat appliqué turtles, and puffy or flat starfish.
Tip: For the best price, buy the multipacks of both blanket patterns and both sea turtle options!
See the entire Turtle Beach crochet pattern collection here >>