Oak Leaf Collection & Life-Sized Acorn includes two different sizes of oak leaf to crochet, and a realistic life-sized acorn pattern. Each leaf is worked in one piece, with a clever construction that gives a realistic shape and the suggestion of veins. The acorns are worked amigurumi-style, with an ingenious no-sew construction. So the entire project has no sewing - you'll only need your needle to weave in the yarn ends!
Ideas for use:
- Make a pile of acorns as a tasty snack for an amigurumi Squirrel
- Use a single crocheted oak leaf as an appliqué on a hat or sweater, glue it onto a greetings card, or add a pin back and an acorn to make a brooch
- Make a simple ornament by adding a hanging loop to a pair of oak leaves and one or two acorns.
- Crochet lots of leaves in a variety of colours and add a handful of acorns: scatter them on your mantelpiece or Thanksgiving table, or group them together into a beautiful fall garland or wreath.
Oak Leaf Collection & Life-Sized Acorn are three original crochet patterns by June Gilbank, including patterns for two different sizes of realistic leaves and almost life-sized tiny acorns. When worked with the suggested yarn and hook, the leaves are approximately 3.25 and 3.75" (8 and 9.5cm) tall, excluding the stem, but you can easily vary the size of your oak leaves by using a finer yarn with a smaller hook to make a smaller leaf, or heavier yarn with a larger hook to make a larger leaf. When worked with the suggested yarn and hook, the acorns are also approximately life-sized (1.5"/4cm long) and can also be scaled up and down to match the leaf size.
Oak Leaf Collection Details:
- For each leaf size, you'll find both the written instructions and a complete stitch diagram on a single easy-to-print page.
- For more detailed assistance, the pattern also includes general instructions with photos to help you understand the construction of the leaves, and separate appendices for right- and left-handers including row-by-row photos and stitch diagrams for each leaf.
Life-Sized Acorn Details:
- This acorn has an ingenious no-sew construction. The pattern is fully illustrated throughout with lots of step-by-step photos to explain the unique one-piece construction.
- For ease of printing, it also includes a single-page text-only printable version at the end of the pattern.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn in any leaf colour (e.g. orange, yellow, green, brown), or any other colour of your choice, and two shades of browns (or green) for the acorns
Hook: E US / 3.5mm
Small leaf: approx 2.5" (6.5cm) wide by 3.25" (8cm) tall, excluding stem.
Large leaf: approx. 2.75" (7cm) wide by 3.75" (9.5cm) tall, excluding stem.
Acorn: approx 1.5" (4cm) long, excluding stalk.
(Your gauge and yarn choice will affect the finished size slightly.)
See projects made from this pattern here: