This listing is for 2 original crochet amigurumi patterns (Sloth (three-toed) and Two-Toed Sloth) by June Gilbank.
Please note: if you've already bought one of these patterns, don't use this listing! Just pick the one you want:
Sloths live in the rainforests of Central and South America. They live, move and eat very slowly, and spend almost all their time hanging from branches by their specially-adapted hands and feet.
THREE-TOED SLOTH DETAILS
My sloth has a pale face with distinctive slanted eye stripes and that never-ending enigmatic sloth smile.
TWO-TOED SLOTH DETAILS
This Expansion Pack includes all the modifications for the Sloth pattern required to crochet a Two-Toed Sloth, with a pale head, a darker face, and nostrils crocheted into the muzzle.
DETAILS FOR BOTH PATTERNS
Yarn: worsted weight yarn in three colours:
- Three-toed: less than one skein of grey/brown (approx 130m), and small amounts of beige/cream and dark brown/black
- Two-toed: less than one skein of tan/light brown (approx 120m), and small amounts of cream/beige and medium/dark brown
Hook: US E / 3.5mm
- Their long legs have crocheted-in knee shaping so they don't just look like tubes.
- Their shoulders and hips are jointed (I've also provided instructions for a non-jointed version) and they can hang around like a real sloth thanks to almost invisible hook-and-eye fasteners on their feet (optional, and I've also suggested alternative fasteners).
- Note: You could brush your sloths to give him a shaggier look that would be even more realistic, but I opted to leave mine with clean lines so you can see him more clearly.
Size: approx 8" (20cm) tall (excluding limbs)
See projects made from these patterns here: