An original amigurumi gingerbread man crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
Chunky and flat, just like the edible version, Gingerbread Man is crocheted amigurumi-style (in a continuous spiral) from only 35m (40 yds) of yarn and has only 4 pieces, so the pattern works up quickly with minimal finishing!
Yarn: worsted weight yarn (the pictured samples use Bernat Satin yarn)
Hook: US E / 3.5mm
Size: approx 6" (15cm) tall. (Your gauge and yarn choice will affect the finished size slightly.)
Additional info: All the embellishment options pictured here are included in the pattern, but Gingerbread Man is the perfect blank canvas for you to decorate however you want - just like the edible kind!
You can create all sorts of expressions and accessories, personalise them to match your family members, and match the embellishment colours to your seasonal decor. Or keep the decorations as simple and fast as you want - it's completely up to you.
- To make the small crocheted features pictured here, you'll also need:
- Embroidery floss (in black, white and red, or your choice of colours)
- B US/2.25mm crochet hook
- Or, to make an extra-large gingerbread man (approx 8"/20cm tall), as shown in the 'Gingy' version, you'll need:
- Gingerbread: 2 strands of worsted weight yarn held together plus an I US/5.5mm hook
- Embellishments: 1 strand of the same yarn plus an E US/3.5mm hook
- To decorate your gingerbread man in any way you choose, you could also use:
- Your choice of craft supplies (e.g. embroidery floss and tapestry needle, felt, buttons, beads, sequins, glue, fabric paint, etc)