Turtle Beach Blanket (Classic Blue Version) is an original PlanetJune Accessories crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
I've revamped my incredibly popular Turtle Beach blanket design into two new versions. This Classic Blue version has a classic colourblock design. The gentle waves of the ripple pattern are highlighted by the ribs at the edge of each stripe. Relax as you enjoy crocheting a tranquil beach leading to a cool and calm true blue sea.
This pattern includes complete row by row crochet instructions for the 8 most common classic afghan sizes, ranging from a small baby blanket through to a king size afghan. For each afghan size, the yardage for each colour is also provided, so you'll be able to order all your yarn at once and know you have enough.
Blanket/Afghan sizes included:
- Baby (approx 24x32", 60x80cm)
- Lapghan/Crib (approx 36x48", 90x120cm)
- Toddler (approx 40x48", 100x120cm)
- Throw (approx 48x60", 120x150cm)
- Twin (approx 60x85", 150x215cm)
- Full/Double (approx 74x85", 190x215cm)
- Queen (approx 80x90", 200x230cm)
- King (approx 96x90", 245x230cm)
Yarn: Worsted weight yarn in a sand/yellow colour, white, and 3 shades of blue. Use a light worsted weight (#4 medium) yarn - or a heavy DK (#3 light) yarn - if you want to match my gauge.
Sample uses Red Heart Soft (light worsted weight) yarn.
Hook: H US / 5mm
Details: This detailed pattern includes full written row-by-row instructions for all 8 sizes of blanket together with the yardage required for each colour (in both yards and metres) for each size, a full colour schematic of the completed blanket for each size, and a clear charted stitch diagram of the stitch pattern.
The Turtle Beach Collection
This pattern is part of my Turtle Beach Collection - you can mix and match patterns within the collection to make your own custom blanket.
- Mix and match colour schemes and stripe patterns with the Classic Blue and Teal Ombré blankets.
- Add custom details (an edging and puffy 3D seafoam effect) with the Seafoam & Edging Expansion Pack (or the original donationware blanket pattern).
- Add any combination of the original 3D stuffed baby sea turtles, the new flat appliqué turtles, and puffy or flat starfish.
Tip: For the best price, buy the multipacks of both blanket patterns and both sea turtle options!
See the entire Turtle Beach crochet pattern collection here >>
Note: If you don't need anything else from the Turtle Beach Collection, you can still take advantage of the savings when you buy any three PlanetJune Accessories patterns of your choice - including this pattern - as a custom set!
See projects made from this pattern here: