Two original crochet amigurumi patterns: Pajama Cardinalfish and Flame Angelfish, from the Tropical Fish range by June Gilbank. These mini amigurumi will hold your interest through their variety of shaping and crochet techniques that make each fish unique!
- Pajama Cardinalfish (Sphaeramia nematoptera). This strikingly-coloured spotted fish is popular in aquariums. The Pajama Cardinalfish hides a special secret to ensure the survival of its young - the male incubates the eggs in his mouth until they hatch!
- Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula). A beautifully coloured dwarf angelfish, the Flame Angelfish has a bright red, black-striped body and electric blue patches at the back of its fins.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn (the pictured samples use Red Heart Soft and Bernat Satin yarns)
Hook: US E / 3.5mm
Size: approx 4.5-5.5" (11.5-14cm) long
- All techniques used include tips, step-by-step photos, and/or links to my online tutorials.
- All the fins (the pieces that aren't worked in the traditional amigurumi single-crochet-in-the-round technique) include charted stitch diagrams in addition to full written instructions, so you can follow the patterns in the way you find easiest.
- Each of the 4 pattern sets includes 3 pages of helpful instructions and finishing tips (including a basic illustrated guide to fish anatomy so you'll learn the right names for the fins!)
Note: Take advantage of the savings when you buy this pattern as part of the Tropical Fish Collection multipack, including all 8 tropical fish patterns!