Two-Toed Sloth is an original EXPANSION PACK for the Sloth (three-toed) crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
What is an Expansion Pack?
- An Expansion Pack is an add-on to an existing PlanetJune pattern.
- The Expansion Pack lets you modify or add to the original pattern to create something else.
- You cannot use the Expansion Pack alone - you must also purchase the original pattern in order to be able to complete the pictured items in the Expansion Pack pattern.
This Expansion Pack includes all the modifications required to crochet a Two-Toed Sloth.
Size: approx 8" (20cm) tall (excluding limbs)
Yarn: worsted weight yarn: less than one skein of tan/light brown (approx 120m), and small amounts of cream/beige and medium/dark brown.
Hook: E US/3.5mm crochet hook
- My two-toed sloth has a pale head with a darker face and nostrils crocheted into the muzzle.
And, as with the original Sloth:
- His long legs have crocheted-in knee shaping so they don't just look like tubes.
- His shoulders and hips are jointed (I've also provided instructions for a non-jointed version) and he can hang around like a real sloth thanks to almost invisible hook-and-eye fasteners on his feet (optional, and I've also suggested alternative fasteners).
- Note: You could brush your sloth to give him a shaggier look that would be even more realistic, but I opted to leave mine with clean lines so you can see him more clearly.
Tip: To save money, if you haven't already purchased my Sloth, don't purchase this item - instead buy the Two- and Three-Toed Sloth multipack!