Two original crochet amigurumi patterns: Copperband Butterflyfish and Royal Gramma, from the Tropical Fish range by June Gilbank. These mini amigurumi will hold your interest through their variety of shaping and crochet techniques that make each fish unique!
- Copperband Butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus). Butterflyfishes' deep, narrow bodies and long fins give them a flat triangular appearance that's fun to crochet! The Copperband Butterflyfish is also commonly called the Beaked Coralfish.
- Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto). With its distinctive half-purple and half-yellow appearance, the Royal Gramma comes from the Caribbean and is also known as the Fairy Basslet.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn (the pictured samples use Red Heart Soft and Bernat Satin yarns)
Hook: US E / 3.5mm
Size: approx 4.5-5.5" (11.5-14cm) long
- All techniques used include tips, step-by-step photos, and/or links to my online tutorials.
- All the fins (the pieces that aren't worked in the traditional amigurumi single-crochet-in-the-round technique) include charted stitch diagrams in addition to full written instructions, so you can follow the patterns in the way you find easiest.
- Each of the 4 pattern sets includes 3 pages of helpful instructions and finishing tips (including a basic illustrated guide to fish anatomy so you'll learn the right names for the fins!)
Note: Take advantage of the savings when you buy this pattern as part of the Tropical Fish Collection multipack, including all 8 tropical fish patterns!