Classis Tetris is an original cross stitch pattern collection by June Gilbank.
Inspired by the classic Tetris game on the original Nintendo Game Boy, this set of two cross stitch designs is stitched in 4 shades of green to mimic the original classic 2-bit black and white (actually light green and dark green – or ‘pea soup’ colours according to Wikipedia!) Game Boy version. Relive your early handheld gaming days with these tributes to possibly the best and most addictive game ever created!
Game Screen design: 100x100 pixels, 5.6"x5.6" finished size. The falling block has a little built-in life metaphor: do you take the easy road by dropping the block straight down and completing two lines, or do you hold out for the big rewards by shifting it one space to the left first, and hoping a straight piece comes along soon so you can complete a tetris? (I’d hold out for the tetris every time!)
End Screen design: 100x144 pixels, 5.6"x8" finished size. Celebrate with the full Tetris band and all the Russian dancing men - I bet you can hear the music as you watch them play and dance!
This pattern includes:
- A clear, high quality cross stitch chart for each of the two designs
- A list of all the DMC floss colours required to complete the design exactly as pictured (quantity, colour names and numbers) and the Anchor equivalent colours (numbers). Feel free to customize the designs with your own colour substitutions if desired!
- Calculations for the fabric size you'll need to make the patterns with a different count of Aida fabric
- Photos of the finished pieces
You will need:
- Aida fabric (18-count or your preferred size - a smaller number gives larger stitches).
For 18-count Aida, you'll need 10x10" fabric (Game Screen design) and 10x12" fabric (End Screen design)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery Floss
These Classic Tetris patterns are Donationware - if you like it please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation and receive the easy-to-print PDF file as a thank you!
Donations of any size are much appreciated, but please donate as much as you feel the patterns are worth. Just add the amount you wish to donate below, and, once you have checked out and paid, your PDF will be available to download from your PlanetJune account.
Thank you for your generosity - it is much appreciated!