Snow Star Ornaments is an original crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
This pattern collection is really three patterns in one:
- An amazing one-piece, no-sew, seamless amigurumi star
- Three quick and easy crocheted snowflakes
- A set of beautiful Christmas decorations
And it doesn't end there - there are all sorts of things you can do with this pattern:
- Make a cute toy by personalising a star with animal eyes and/or embroidered features
- Crochet traditional snowflake ornaments to hang on a tree, dangle from a garland, or display in a window (snowflake stiffening instructions are included)
- The snowflakes are especially designed to fit perfectly as appliques on the star when made with the same weight of yarn and hook, to create a dazzling and completely original tree ornament. Match the star's colour to your holiday decor!
Size: approx 4" (10cm) diameter when worked in worsted weight yarn. Or you can size it down by using finer yarn and a smaller hook!
(The smaller pictured snowflakes are approx 2"/5cm diameter and worked with size 10 crochet thread and a B US/2.25mm hook.)
Yarn: worsted weight yarn - use the same weight of yarn for the star and snowflake to ensure they'll fit together perfectly (although there is some leeway)
Hook: E US/3.5mm crochet hook
Details: This is a detailed 10-page pattern. In addition to the written crochet pattern instructions, it includes right- and left-handed stitch diagrams for all three snowflakes, and lots of photo tutorials (for the special stitch used, stuffing and assembling the star and ornaments, stiffening the snowflakes, and adding an optional hanging loop).
If you'd like to print it out, you can save paper and ink by printing just 3 pages:
- The star crochet pattern
- The snowflake written instructions
- The page with the appropriate snowflake stitch diagrams for you (right- or left-handed)
See projects made from this pattern here: