Carnations is an original crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
Beautiful, realistic, and so easy, you can crochet a pretty one-piece carnation in minutes – and I bet you won't be able to stop at one!
Here are some ideas for use:
- Use the optional stem instructions to create a bouquet or vase of carnations
- Stitch a pin to the back of a carnation to make a pretty brooch or buttonhole
- Accessorize a bag by sewing on a couple of carnations
- Sew or glue one or more carnations to a hair clip or plastic hairband
Yarn: Small amount of DK or worsted weight yarn in a floral colour (e.g. white, pink, red, purple, yellow, orange, cream) plus green for the calyx and optional stem
Hook: US H / 5mm
Additional info: You'll also need a bamboo skewer, pipe cleaner, or floral wire to make the optional stems.
Size: approx 2.25" (5.5cm) diameter, when made in light worsted weight yarn. (Your gauge and yarn choice will affect the finished size slightly.)
Option: This pattern will work with any size yarn, provided you choose a suitable hook size for your yarn. For a lifesize carnation, I recommend worsted or DK weight yarn.
This Carnations pattern is Donationware - the pattern is available to view online for free, but if you like it please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation:
Send me a donation and receive the easy-to-print PDF version of the pattern as a thank you!
It includes some additional info that you'll only find in the PDF version:
- Additional assembly photos
- A special technique for fastening off the yarn neatly at the base of the stem
Donations of any size are much appreciated, but please donate as much as you feel the pattern is worth. Just add the amount you wish to donate below, and, once you have checked out and paid, your pattern will be available to download from your PlanetJune account.
Thank you for your generosity - it is much appreciated!
See projects made from this pattern here: