Chunky Moebius Cowl is an original PlanetJune Accessories crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
This unisex cowl pattern is infinitely versatile: make it as a short, snug neckwarmer, or a long loose infinity scarf that can be wrapped twice around your neck; make a narrow cowl for warmer days or to wear doubled, or a tall snuggly cowl for maximum warmth. You can even make a headband version to keep your ears warm!
With simple stitches and no turning or seaming, this pattern is amazingly fast to work up using a large crochet hook and bulky yarn, so it's perfect for last-minute gifts. Use this pattern as a stashbuster for a single skein of bulky or novelty yarn, or hold two strands of a finer yarn together to make your own custom colour-blend!
Yarn: your choice, #5-#6 bulky or super bulky recommended, or 2 strands of #3 light (DK)
Hook: an appropriate hook for your yarn (at least a couple of sizes larger than the size recommended on the yarn’s ball band so your fabric isn't at all stiff)
Sample cowls: All samples use an N US/10mm hook
- Single-wrap cowls: 45m grey Sean Sheep Cassowary (#5 bulky), 40m green Bernat Softee Chunky (#5 bulky), 28m grey/multi Lion Brand Homespun (#5 bulky)
- Double-wrap cowls: 116m Bernat Satin Sport (#3 light DK), held doubled (one strand each of red & purple), 55m pink Schoeller+Stahl Grazie (#6 super bulky)
- Earwarmer: 18m blue Patons Allure (#6 super bulky)
Details: Pattern includes full written instructions, and instructions for resizing the pattern to make all the pictured options for men, women and children. The PDF also includes additional info:
- A fully illustrated explanation of how the Moebius contruction works
- Standard measurements for man, woman, and child for each of the 3 styles
- Additional step by step photos for working through Rnd 1
- An alternative foundation with a large gap between each stitch - perfect for fuzzy yarns
This Chunky Moebius Cowl pattern is Donationware - the pattern is available to view online for free, but if you like it please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation:
Send me a donation and receive the easy-to-print PDF version of the pattern as a thank you!
Donations of any size are much appreciated, but please donate as much as you feel the pattern is worth. Just add the amount you wish to donate below, and, once you have checked out and paid, your pattern will be available to download from your PlanetJune account.
Thank you for your generosity - it is much appreciated!