Crocheted Wreath Base is an original crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
Use this stuffed crocheted ring as a base for a crocheted wreath, candle ring, or other round decoration (e.g. a centrepiece). You can make the ring in any size depending on the desired size of your decorative piece, and choose yarn colours to match your decor and the theme of the components you'll be covering it with.
Note: Looking for the crochet patterns for any of the components pictured on my wreath and candle ring? Those pieces aren't included in this pattern, but you'll find them all in my Christmas Decor Collection!
Yarn: worsted weight yarn in dark brown, or any other colour(s) of your choice
- Sample wreath uses approx 125yd/115m yarn
- Sample candle ring uses approx 40yd/35m yarn
Hook: E US/3.5mm crochet hook
Size: any size you wish.
- Sample wreath size: approx. 10″ (26cm) diameter; tube thickness approx. 1.5″ (4cm)
- Sample candle ring size: approx. 5.5″ (14cm) diameter; tube thickness approx. 1″ (2.5cm)
(Your gauge and yarn choice will affect the finished size slightly.)
This Crocheted Wreath Base pattern is Donationware - the pattern is available to view online for free, but if you like it please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation:
Send me a donation and receive the easy-to-print PDF version of the pattern as a thank you!
It includes some additional info that you'll only find in the PDF version:
- Tips on choosing yarn colours for your wreath base
- The exact recipes and layout diagrams for my Christmas wreath and candle ring (patterns sold separately)
Donations of any size are much appreciated, but please donate as much as you feel the pattern is worth. Just add the amount you wish to donate below, and, once you have checked out and paid, your pattern will be available to download from your PlanetJune account.
Thank you for your generosity - it is much appreciated!