Chili con carne
250g lean minced beef
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can kidney beans, drained
1 beef stock cube
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp hot chili powder (or to taste)
Serve with rice and tacos.
- Soften onion and garlic in oil, in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add mince and fry until browned.
- Crumble stock cube over mince, add tomato puree, and stir.
- Pour in chopped tomatoes and kidney beans, then add paprika, chili powder and seasoning.
- Stir and simmer for 20 minutes.