4 oz margarine
6 oz self-raising flour
1 level tsp baking powder
6 oz sugar
4 tbsp milk
The grated rind and juice of a lemon or orange
- Grease and line a swiss roll tin, making sure the paper goes up the sides of the tin.
- Put all the ingredients (except the juice) in a bowl and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the swiss roll tin.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 175°C until it looks golden and well-risen.
- Sieve 4 oz icing sugar and add the juice.
- While the cake is still hot, pour the icing over it and spread.
- Leave to set.