1 red pepper
8oz button mushrooms
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
salt and pepper
5 sheets dried lasagne
4 sheets dried lasagne verdi
1/2 pint cheese sauce (bechamel)
grated cheddar and parmesan cheeses
Note - this recipe can easily be modified by using different vegetables, cheeses or lasagne.
- Prepare and chop vegetables into 1-2 cm pieces; crush garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, fry garlic, carrot, onion and pepper for 1-2 minutes.
- Add paprika, herbs and aubergine and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, courgette, tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add layers of tomato sauce, lasagne and white sauce to fill a 2 pint ovenproof dish.
- Finish with a layer of white sauce, and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 190°C, gas mark 5 for 45 minutes until well browned.