Free Crochet Patterns

Want to try some free PlanetJune amigurumi and accessory patterns? You’ve come to the right place!

All but the oldest pattern are also available as donationware (easy-to-print PDF files, for a donation of whatever you feel they are worth). See the link on each pattern page, or find them all in the donationware category in my shop.

tiny eggs crochet pattern by planetjune Tiny Eggs Make miniature (1″/2.5cm) crocheted eggs that are still egg-shaped despite their diminutive size. Decorate for Easter with a bowl of calorie-free ‘chocolate’ eggs (just don’t eat them!) or make them as realistic-sized songbird eggs.
mini wreath ornament crochet pattern by planetjune Mini Wreath Ornament This sweet little pattern lets you make surprisingly realistic leafy miniature wreaths – at only 3″ across, they’d be perfect as Christmas Tree ornaments or seasonal decorations. A Mini Wreath works up in no time and comes together like magic with almost no sewing required – you won’t be able to stop at making one! Make them in leafy greens, or any pair of colours to match your holiday decor.
twisted chain bangle crochet pattern by planetjune Twisted Chain Bangle Transform a metal or plastic bangle from cheap fashion jewellery to a stylish and unique accessory. The twisted design looks intricate but it’s a deceptively simple technique, so you can whip up an armful of bangles in next to no time. Crochet chunky bangles for a quick casual look or as perfect gifts for girls, or use finer bangles and crochet thread to make jewellery elegant enough for any occasion.
amigurumi citrus collection crochet pattern by planetjune Amigurumi Citrus Collection Make your own amigurumi fruit bowl with an entire collection of life-sized and realistically shaped citrus fruits: orange, lemon, grapefruit, lime and clementine patterns. Crochet a realistic fruit selection, or make a cute fruit family by giving each fruit a face – the choice is yours.
shamrocks crochet pattern by planetjune Shamrocks This is a clever little pattern to make sweet shamrocks with a dimensional 3D effect, in two sizes: a realistically-shaped design, and a tiny miniature version! Each shamrock is crocheted in a single round, so you can make one in minutes. String them into a garland, attach one to a greetings card, add a pin back to make a cute brooch or lapel pin, or layer them for a novel look.
chunky moebius cowl crochet pattern by planetjune Chunky Moebius Cowl This unisex cowl pattern is infinitely versatile: make it as a short, snug neckwarmer, or a long loose infinity scarf that can be wrapped twice around your neck; make a narrow cowl for warmer days or to wear doubled, or a tall snuggly cowl for maximum warmth. With simple stitches and no turning or seaming, this pattern is amazingly fast to work up using a large crochet hook and bulky yarn, so it’s perfect for last-minute gifts.
frosty windows scarf crochet pattern by planetjune Frosty Windows Scarf With a pretty but easy-to-memorise stitch pattern, you can work up this scarf in almost any yarn. Once you’ve crocheted a couple of repeats, you’ll fly through it – it’s a perfect pattern for handmade gifts or for stashbusting!
posy blossoms crochet pattern by planetjune Posy Blossoms A versatile mix-and-match pattern for sweet miniature flowers in seven designs with two leaves. Make each blossom in one or two colours of your choice; stack the smaller blossoms on the larger ones in the same or contrasting colours; combine your blossoms into a unique posy.
lip balm holder crochet pattern by planetjune Lip Balm Holder Never lose your lip balm again (or have it melt in your pocket) with this stylish holder! Clip it to your keyring, to your bag, or even to your belt loop and you’ll always have lip balm at hand when you need it. Quick and easy to crochet, just pop a lip balm inside and you have a perfect little gift!
eyelet ripple scarf sweater crochet pattern by planetjune Eyelet Ripple Scarf Sweater This scarf sweater is so simple – it’s just a long rectangle like a scarf, wrapped around the body and seamed in 2 places. With my measure-as-you-go method, you can easily create a scarf sweater to fit any size and body shape. Use the included Eyelet Ripple stitch pattern to make one just like mine, or use any other crochet (or knitted) stitch pattern to create your own uniquely customized version!
amigurumi pears crochet pattern by planetjune Amigurumi Pears A realistic, beautifully shaped amigurumi pear. Crochet a bowlful in greens, browns, yellows, and/or reds, to make a stylish decorative centrepiece, or add a pair of safety eyes and an embroidered smile to make a sweet toy :)
plumeria crochet pattern by planetjune Plumeria Crochet a touch of the tropics with these exotic plumeria blossoms. Use a plumeria flower to make a beautiful pin or hair accessory, or to embellish anything!
love hearts crochet pattern by planetjune Love Hearts This is a clever little pattern to make sweet hearts in three sizes – each heart builds on the pattern of the previous heart. You can also make a bonus puffy heart to give a total of 4 different designs in this one pattern! String them into a garland, add a pin back to make a cute brooch, or fill a bowl with pretty hearts for Valentine’s Day decorating.
Scalloped Scarf Make this pretty and versatile scalloped scarf with almost any yarn you have to hand – it’s a quick and stylish one-skein project, and makes a perfect gift!
Amigurumi Apples Here’s a realistic amigurumi apple: it’s not just a ball with a stalk attached, it’s actually the shape and size of a real apple! Give one to your (or your child’s!) favourite teacher, make a bowlful in red and green as a decorative centrepiece, or add a pair of safety eyes and an embroidered smile to make a sweet-as-apple-pie toy :)
Amigurumi Balloons What better way to celebrate than with a bunch of balloons? Made in pastels like these, they’d be perfect for baby shower decorations or for Easter. Made in bolder colours, they’d brighten any occasion!
Tiny Whale This little whale is the perfect size to sit in the palm of your hand! But even better than that: he’s crocheted all in one piece, so there’s no sewing involved to make him!
Basic Rose This basic rose pattern is a perfect introduction to crocheted flowers, and it’s so versatile – make it in any size and colour you like!
Mop Top Mascots Mop Top Mascots are a fun way to use up scraps of yarn. They stand about 4″ tall, and the real joy of them is that they are so easy to make, and easy to customize with funky colours or embellishments. Who wouldn’t appreciate a little mascot like these?!
Candy Cane This candy cane crochet pattern is so fast and simple, it’ll take no time to whip up enough to decorate your Christmas tree!
realistic crocheted pumpkin by planetjune
cute crocheted pumpkin by planetjunespooky crocheted pumpkin by planetjune
Pumpkin Crochet yourself a pumpkin – the perfect pattern for autumn! With this one basic pattern, you can create a realistic pumpkin for your Fall table, a cute amigurumi-style pumpkin for the kids, or a spooooooooooooooky pumpkin for Halloween.
crocheted daffodils Daffodils Crochet your own daffodils – perfect for spring! Make a bouquet of yarn flowers, or try one in thread as a beautiful pin or accessory. The pattern includes two different designs for petals and centres – mix and match colours and designs to create your own custom bouquet!
crocheted christmas pudding by planetjune Christmas Pudding Hang it on your Christmas tree, or sit it on your mantelpiece or as a decoration on your Christmas table! This amigurumi xmas pudding pattern comes complete with white sauce and is topped with a spring of holly leaves and berries.
crocheted poinsettia by planetjune Poinsettia Crochet a large poinsettia flower for Christmas – perfect as a table centrepiece or as a decoration. Or make a smaller one in fine yarn or thread to wear as a pin on your coat, a Christmas tree decoration, or anything else you can think of!
amigurumi acorn by planetjune Amigurumi Acorn Make your own amigurumi acorn complete with removable cup! Standing at just over 2 inches tall, these litle acorns are quick and easy to make.
fuzzballs by planetjune Fuzzballs and Mini Fuzzballs Fuzzballs are the ultimate in easy and cute crochet, and a perfect way to use up any scraps of fun fur, eyelash or any other fuzzy yarn you may have on hand. These tiny amigurumi are crocheted in fuzzy yarn and come in two sizes: Fuzzball and Fuzzball Mini. Let your imagination run wild as you embellish these little cuties!

1. Redroxky said

2. Nicole said

Hi there please can you tell me where I can get ink jet shrinky dink plastic in Capetown?
    many thanks for reading :D

Nicole, I’m afraid I’m not very familiar with shops in Cape Town yet. If I were you, I’d try phoning any craft or scrapbooking shops to ask if they carry it. Good luck!

• None said

You can also use recycling code 6 plastics and styrofoam from take out containers and/or product packaging. Cut your shapes, use permanent markers to draw/write what you’d like on them, then put them on a parchment paper/foil lined cookie sheet and pop them into a 350*F preheated oven for about 30 seconds. They’ll curl and wiggle all aroundlike crazy, but don’t take them out until they quit wiggling and lay mostly flat again.

• Kristen said

I can verify that comment on the recyclables being useable in this manner. That commenter has more info on the specifics than I could remember but I do recall the clear plastic tops off of yogurt cups years ago worked great for my mother and I. If nothing else it’s worth experimenting with to see if you like the results. You’re out nothing and I rather liked using that plastic more sometimes because I got a more glassy looking charm at the end than the sometimes milky look of the shrinky dinks from the store.

I’m new to amigurumi and I’ve been loving you’re helpful website and videos! Thanks June!

Cheers!

• Linda said

Check on pinterest – you can make shrinky dinks by using #6 recycleable plastic containers. You can also order on-line from several sites.

3. Hi June! I love your patterns and tutorials. You are very talented. I am just starting out with my blog. I’m unsure exactly what is acceptable so I wanted to ask you this question. I am planning to do a blog post about free patterns I like by other bloggers and I was wondering if I could link to your free balloon pattern on your website from my blog. Thank you!

Diana, thanks for checking with me! My policy is that you’re very welcome to link back to any of the patterns, tutorials and other posts on my site; you also have permission to include one of my photos with your link if you wish :)

4. bobby carrot said

Thanks! Im really enjoying your page ;)

5. Sandy said

Hi June, First off let me say I love you site and your work. Can’t believe I hadn’t found you before. I am writing because your lip balm holders look a lot like something I make for my daughter and her friends. They are in college and use highlighters all the time. My daughter ask me to make a necklace to hold the highlighters and now everyone is wearing them, even the guys. I wish I could send you a picture.

6. I find your page and your work very amusing and inspiring.

7. Kathryn said

Thank you for sharing so many of your patterns! I can’t wait to have a go at some of them… :)

8. Petellka said

Very nice)))) This pages is so useful))))) Brava

9. Eliane said

O seu espaço é maravilhoso !!!
    Estou adorando todas as coisas.
    Encomendei o seu livro na livraria Cultura (São Paulo – Brasil), pois não tenho cartão de crédito, então pela livraria eu pude pagar por boleto.
    Deus continue abençoar sua criatividade.

10. Mary Ruiz said

Dear June,
    I was wondering if you could give us some easy patterns for my Girl Scout troop! A cookie box or cookie pattern would be perfect for us!!

Hi Mary, I’m afraid I can’t take on commission work without payment. I suggest you look at Ravelry – they have a huge database of pattern links and you can search for free cookie patterns there :)

11. maryam said

thank you for ur all beautifull crochet! :)

12. Audrey said

HI!!! i am 13, and am totally going to make most of these!! One question: can i sell the things i make from these patterns? Thanks!

13. DOROTHY said

LOVE THESE ITEMS ALL ARE GREAT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PATTERNS DOT

14. Alexis said

Hey June, I was wondering how much yarn do you need for these cafts? Do you have any yarn I can buy here, at your website? I hope you do. I am almost 11 and need ideas!!! :)

Alexis, apart from the scarves, all my patterns take much less than a skein of yarn (in each colour). Each scarf gives the approximate quantity needed in the pattern. I don’t sell yarn – I suggest you visit your local craft or yarn store and pick out some that you like!

15. Leah said

June, what fun! You just taught me to make the crocheted I-cord and I love it! In case you’re interested, I happened on your site via a link on Pinterest. Now I’m off to explore the rest of it. Thank you very much! Btw, you are an excellent tutor, I got it right away even though I can be a bit thick sometimes.

16. gilberta said

I would like to make a donation because your poinsetia is beautiful!!!and it is my favorite flower.(Also the sunflower)but i live in Brail and i dont’t know how to send money.Sorry…
    Sometimes I dream about to live abroad!
    Thank you!
    Gil

Gil, you can order (including making a donation) from anywhere in the world if you have either a PayPal account or any credit card – please see my FAQ for details :)

17. Dalia said

I love these patterns!
    They´re beautiful and I wonder, how much time you needed to be so good in crocheting??
    (Excuse me for mistakes, I´m from Germany, 14 and don´t speak much English, but I want to learn!)

I’ve been crocheting since 2003, Dalia, but you can go from picking up a crochet hook for the first time to making your first amigurumi in only days (or even hours!). Good luck with learning to crochet – I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! Take a look at the Basics and Amigurumi Essentials sections of my crochet tutorials list for help :)

• PKae said

Dalia, check out allfreecrochet.com -they have every kind of crocheting there and lots and lots of beginner tutorials and many that explain how to do all the stitches. They also have free ebooks that all include a page at the end showing each kind of the common stitches. Hope you read this since you wrote so long ago and it helps you join the great world of crochet. :-)

18. Gisele said

Hi,

Those itty bitty fuzzballs would be useful attached to drinks at a party or family gathering to distinguish them. A person only has to remember which critter is on their beverage. They would be an alternative to “drink tags”. They would also be adorable attached to slippers, or as a zipper pull, or attached to a gift tag. Adorable.

19. Victoria LaPlante said

Hi i was wondering if you could have a free patern for a dog. i would really appreciate it thanks.

20. Debbie said

Hi,
    I just wants to say that I made the balloons for my daughter’s baby shower,and they were a hit! Thanks for a great pattern :)

21. Cloversmile said

I absolutely love your patterns! I would just like to suggest that you should have free days, when a few paid patterns become free for a day. (I don’t like paying for patterns)

22. herminda said

………………hermoso trabajos tambien un buen blog saludos desde …….CHILE

23. elisa said

Oh my goodness, you have such beautiful patterns, and you are so talented.

24. Mauri R said

My Amis appear to come out larger than the patterns and some areas have larger holes . I think this is where I decrease. I use a very small hook. Any suggestions?

I love this hobby. Thank you for the great tutorials and inspiring work

Mauri r

Mauri, I highly recommend the invisible decrease technique – it should eliminate your problem with holes around your decreases.

25. Judy said

Hi my name is judy and my granddaughter wants me to crochet her a platypus and your pattern is the only one I have found that I like I need to know how to get the instructions for it. Please let me know if you can help me with this.

26. Emma Zimmerman said

I love all your patterns and have for years now. I would like to donate something. It would be so much better if you had pay-pal. I use it all the time. Maybe i can talk hubby into letting me use a credit card. Your patterns are so fantastic.
    Emma

Emma, I’ve always accepted PayPal – you can order (including making a donation) if you have either a PayPal account or any credit card – please see my FAQ for details :)

27. Izzy said

I have only just started crochet but I love it. I tryed your tiny whale but it went wrong :( ( not your fault). I was wondering were you can buy the eyes in the uk or an online uk site as I would love some but need to pay in pounds.

28. thanks for sharing you beautiful patterns I’m so excited to get started with a few of them.

29. Katie said

Thank you for having these great patterns for free!!

30. Gracias por compartir los patrones!!! Están buenísimos!!!!!!

31. Kay said

I appreciate you having a few free patterns because I dont mind paying for the patterns I want to do as it took time and effort for you to create them but I needed to know if I could actually do one before spending money on the patterns I like. Thanks again Kay

32. The fuzzballs are just the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

33. would love to have some of the free patterns but i can’t figure out how to get them the are all wonderful i have been crocheting for at least 55 yrs.please help.

Linda, just click either the photo or the name of the pattern you want to see – both will take you to the pattern page :)

34. Lenka said

Wow, it’s quite perfect, thank you very much for sharing your patterns’